Adventure Cafe is a friendly, local cafe on the Lower East Side with a great community of members and baristas. They are a membership based coffee shop. People pay a monthly fee and get unlimited drinks at the cafe, meaning the team gets to see the same people on a regular basis and focus as much on customer service as they do on outstanding quality of drinks. The Adventure Cafe team is responsible for running the cafe, serving artisanal coffee and treats to existing and potential customers, selling membership to anyone who walks through the door, and doing it all with a smile!
Adventure Cafe is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a strong service industry and customer service background to join their team. This Barista position requires service industry experience, sales experience, the ability to hold a conversation with anyone, and some physical hands-on work (receiving orders, moving boxes, cleaning the cafe, etc.).
- 1+ years experience
- Latte art skills required
- NY Food Handler's license is a plus
- Sales experience; you need to feel comfortable talking to people and selling our coffee membership
- Strong service industry and/or customer service experience; ability to speak to anyone
- Dynamic and engaging personality; loves working with and talking to people
- Passion for adventure and outdoor recreation is a plus
Salary is based on experience