Bae is a new upscale cafe in Little Tokyo that fosters a culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving their vision and mission. The coffee baristas at Bae are passionate about their customers, their coffee and their culture. It takes talent and dedication to make a single cup of Bae's coffee. Join their team now!
Bae barista staff are responsible for performing cash transactions with customers and other duties such as preparing specialty tea/coffee, seating customers, and serving guests. Baristas should brew or prepare drip coffee and teas and food items according to Bae's strict freshness and quality standards for customers as well as maintain a ‘customer-first’ attitude while working with a strong sense of urgency. They should be actively working to increase customer traffic and sales through sampling, product suggestions and other initiatives as directed by leadership.
The Team Member’s core purpose is to deliver an exceptional customer experience through quality engagement, friendly, quick and genuine service and a clean and well-stocked coffee bar. The barista should contribute to Bae's culture by being team-oriented, punctual and reliable, laser-focused on quality and the café’s customers.
A huge focus will be ensuring amazing customer service to guests. The candidate must engage with customers by welcoming them, providing warm, friendly and genuine service, understanding their needs and thanking them for their visit.
The ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate these traits and goals as well as be committed to learning! They should be actively seeking to grow and develop new skills. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.
- 1+ years barista experience
- Latte Art skills required
- Must have or be able to attain Food Handler's Certificate
- Ability to maintain clean and tidy environment
- Ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance
- Strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about coffee
- Be extremely reliable and punctual
- Ability to communicate in a friendly, respectful and business-appropriate manner with coworkers and customers
- Keep a professional overall presentation; maintaining a clean and well-groomed personal appearance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Weekend availability preferred!
Salary is $12.00/hour + tips.