Four & Twenty Blackbirds is a Brooklyn based pie and coffee company founded by sisters Emily and Melissa Elsen. The sisters originally custom-baked pies in their Brooklyn apartment before opening their popular flagship Four & Twenty Blackbirds pie and coffee shop in 2010! Now, they have five Brooklyn locations: a pie shop, a cafe in the Brooklyn Public Library, a production kitchen, along with a seasonal storefront shop in the historical village of Orient, Long Island NY and most recently, a ten seat pie counter that offers wine, locally brewed beer and other specialty beverages and and baked treats. As a whole, they are a group of dedicated and mindful staff that love what they do - sell pie that is celebrated across the globe!
Four & Twenty Blackbirds is currently seeking an experienced Barista to join the Pie Shop team located on 3rd Avenue in Brooklyn! The successful candidate would be someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about great coffee, is excited about awesome pies and baked goods, and is excellent at providing friendly customer service.
Four & Twenty Blackbirds is looking for someone who is also an outstanding communicator, particularly one with the ability to lead in a fun and effective manner and be able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- 6+ months experience in specialty coffee environment
- Latte Art skills required (heart, rosetta)
- Proficient in manual coffee machines: La Marzocco machine/with Stumptown product
- Knowledge and ability to dial in espresso
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work alone as well as with others
- Cashier abilities, opening and closing the shop
- Daily maintaining and cleaning a cozy pie shop
- Food Protection Certificate is a plus!
- Schedule: Must have night and weekend availability
Salary based on experience