Located in vibrant Fishtown, Philadelphia, Cake Life Bake Shop is co-owned by Lily Fischer and Nima Etemadi, best friends from Sarah Lawrence College who quit other careers to become pastry chefs. After appearing on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars three times (and winning!), they founded Cake Life Bake Shop in the Globe Dye Works building in 2013 before moving to Cake Life’s current home on Frankford Avenue.
The right candidates for Cake Life will love food, coffee, and people; have barista experience; and perform gracefully under pressure. They are looking for someone happy, flexible, reliable, and even-tempered, who enjoys interacting with customers and working with others.
Baristas will assist in stocking Cake Life's retail area with cakes, cupcakes, and pastries throughout the shift, as well as ensuring that these products are well presented and properly stored and labeled. Presentation of goods must hold to a consistent high aesthetic standard set by the Owners and Front-of-House Manager, including packaging of goods for customers.
- Knowledge of coffee and espresso drinks
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude, with a love of learning
- A professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- A bubbly attitude
- A sense of humor, they love to laugh
- Ability to clean and maintain front-of-house and related equipment in accordance with food safety and sanitation guidelines, following daily cleaning duties, including occasional dishwashing
Salary based on experience