Chitchat Coffee & Matcha is a new coffee and matcha shop in the heart of west LA on Sawtelle Blvd. They are looking for enthusiastic baristas to join the team who are passionate about coffee, matcha and tea. They are also looking for baristas who take pride in their work and can offer their own expertise and knowledge. Creativity is highly encouraged!
Chitchat Coffee and Matcha is looking for a barista who consistently understands, reads, and executes recipe requirements correctly. They should ensure appropriate health and safety standards (i.e. ServSafe practices) and handle, store, and rotate all products in accordance with health department regulation. They must maintain a neat and sanitary work station and will also be responsible for stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of products at stations to ensure smooth service. In addition, the barista is expected to open and/or close the location properly while following the closing checklist.
Chitchat's promise is that they will strive to build a mutually respectful relationship with all of their employees to ensure that they are happy, excited, and proud to work with Chitchat Coffee & Matcha! The team will put the best effort forward to improve daily business activities to form a creative and positive working environment.
- 1+ years barista experience
- Valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers Card required
- Experience with a manual espresso machine is a must
- Kees van der Westen experience preferred
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and management
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills to the work
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and provide quality customer service under pressure
- Proficient in basic arithmetic (add, subtract, divide, and multiply)
- Ability to work and think independently and make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Salary is $13+/Hr based on experience