CityGrounds coffee bar, located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, is a modern interpretation of the traditional European coffeehouses of Vienna and Paris. Their coffee products are provided by Metropolis Coffee Company, a nationally recognized and award-winning roasterie that purchases coffee from farms and cooperatives based on quality, transparency, and sustainability. CityGrounds makes every effort to source its foodstuffs locally - they also offer pastries and baked goods from some of Chicago's most respected bakeries! CityGrounds is a tranquil respite where people can congregate, talk, read, write or pass the time as they desire.
CityGrounds is looking to expand their team and is looking for 1 barista and/or 1 barback to work in a fun yet challenging environment. They are serious about educating their customer base about specialty coffee and tea and are looking for like-minded ambassadors to be a part of their team. Ideally applicants will have several years experience working with specialty coffee roasters and equipment.
All baristas and barbacks undergo training to CityGrounds’ standards for coffee, tea, food and service.
- Weekend availability is a must
- Barista experience (specialty coffee experience preferred but not necessary)
- Must be enthusiastic and open to learning as much as possible about specialty coffee and tea
- Barbacks should have some experience in a food service environment
- Contact information must include phone number and email address
Salary based on experience