Long Island City, Queens
Associate Director of Coffee
Dallis Bros. Coffee, a division of Lacas Coffee Company, is a 100+ year-old craft coffee roaster with deep roots and a rich history in NYC. They are seeking a full-time Associate Director of Coffee with a passion for a career in the specialty coffee industry.Their brand is headquartered in our new, state of the art office and training lab in Long Island City, NY.
The successful candidate will assist in sourcing green coffees, maintaining and developing blends, and supporting sales efforts. The position requires visits to existing and prospective customers in and around New York City, Philadelphia and nationally in pursuit of achieving and exceeding incentivized quarterly sales goals. While not a pure sales position, the Associate Director of Coffee will have some responsibility for generating new product sales, placing equipment, training customers, and managing account relationships.
- Organizing daily action plans to achieve individual goals
- Green coffee sourcing
- Sample roasting, cupping and grading green coffees
- Sustainability initiatives
- Single cup brewing
- Espresso and milk preparation
- Occasional travel to coffee growing regions, and to trade shows nationally
- Occasional work weekends and evenings
- Effectively communicate and convey brand messages and concepts to customers and prospects
- Participate in shaping the future of the specialty coffee industry through thought leadership
- Minimum of five years of experience in the specialty coffee industry preferred and/or specialty food/beverage sales.
- Authentic passion for all types of coffee and coffee preparation.
- Valid Passport.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and computer skills, be able to work with spreadsheets and write concise proposals for customers and prospects.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including good math skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to varied work environments.
Salary to be discussed