Edgehill Cafe, a favorite neighborhood coffee shop and restaurant, opened in its new space on Monday, November 9, 2015 in Edgehill Village. The cafe's vibes are welcoming and cozy while simultaneously elegant and contemporary. Besides for their superb coffee, Edgehill cafe also features a full kitchen and a wine and beer menu.
A head barista is expected to be able to make all beverages on the menu, work with the cafe's roaster to ensure that all coffee products are in line with company standards, and develop exclusive blends for Edgehill. Head barista must ensure that all FOH staff are properly trained and provide ongoing quality assesment of coffee drinks. He/she is responsible for developing standard training procedures for FOH employees. Other responsibilities include representing Edgehill (along with other employees) at local barista throw-downs and competitions, managing beer & wine menu, working with Chef & GM to coordinate appropriate menu pairings, and managing inventory for all FOH related items.
- Minimum 2 years barista and/or management experience in an independent coffee shop
- Valid ABC card
- Willingness to learn and to share coffee/tea knowledge with guests and co-workers
- Must be capable working in a fast paced enviornment
- Willingness to help ring up guests, buss tables, run food/drinks and help with any other general tasks as needed
- Ability to multitask in a high-volume environment while maintaining a warm and friendly demeanor
- Maintain clean and organized workspace throughout each shift
- Ability to work with a team-first mentality throughout the entirety of each shift
Salary based on experience + tips