Tenderloin, San Francisco
Equator's philosophy on coffee is built from a question: how do we create value from our perch in the coffee supply chain, standing at the intersection between local and distant coffee communities? It is this question that continues to frame their narrative as they strive to grow a business that values the stakeholders in both communities with respect for the people, the process, and the product. Equator believes that quality underlies economic and environmental sustainability, and this is the pillar of their approach. They support environmentally sound certifications, as well as practices that produce the highest quality coffee while securing a dignified life for those who produce it.
Equator is looking for a full-time barista to add to their team! Working in the retail environment, Baristas provide courteous and knowledgeable customer service through excellent product knowledge superior barista skills and attentive and friendly customer interactions. Baristas support all sales efforts in the retail stores through hospitable customer service, and a commitment to quality and Equator’s highest standards.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency with helping customers
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for coffee and tea
- Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers
- Logical and methodological approach to problem solving
- Must be flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, stressful environment
- Ability to cooperate successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services
- Uses communication that is clear, honest, and complete
- Ability to use available resources to answer questions
- Cash handling skills
- Complete barista training with store manager and trainer
Salary is based on experience