Farley’s East was a catalyst to the once ghost-town, now thriving neighborhood of Uptown in Oakland. Through its doors and outside on the parklet you will find a pulsing coffeehouse deeply supported by its community. As demand for their coffee has grown, they have expanded into the space next-store to create a dedicated coffee bar with dual espresso machines! This new coffee focused area of the cafe will be used for cuppings, training, faster customer service, and feature guest roasters in addition their own in-house roasted coffees.
Farley’s East is looking for a passionate full-time barista to join their tight knit team! They’re looking for a barista with previous craft coffee experience that wants to continue growing their skills and develop a deep relationship with the coffee they roast for their customers. This person must have a strong desire to grow their coffee tasting palette and an understanding of different types of coffees. This is a team environment- so this person should be a team player and should work well with others.
- Must have flexible availability and must be able to work at least one weekend day
- Must have superior barista skills with an interest in the coffee industry
- Must be able to dial in espresso according to third-wave standards
- Must be able to properly steam and pour milk
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must pay great attention to detail
Salary is $13 and hour + tips (usually $6-$7 an hour), also includes health benefits and profit sharing