Farley’s East was a catalyst to the once ghost-town, now thriving neighborhood of Uptown in Oakland. Through its doors and outside on the parklet you will find a pulsing coffeehouse deeply supported by its community. As demand for their coffee has grown, they have expanded into the space next-store to create a dedicated coffee bar with dual espresso machines! This new coffee focused area of the cafe will be used for cuppings, training, faster customer service, and feature guest roasters in addition their own in-house roasted coffees.
Farley's in Oakland is looking for a full-time third-wave barista, with 2+ years of experience in a high volume cafe. Farley's serves much more than coffee, so customer service is a must! They are a full functioning team, from the cafe to the kitchen. The core focus of the baristas here is to provide top notch customer service, while serving up the tastiest beverages in Oakland!
- 2+ years of barista experience
- Latte Art skills
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of coffee--dialing in, steaming milk, etc.
- Previous craft coffee experience, desire to grow your coffee tasting palette and understanding of different types of coffees
- Excellence in customer service (their customers are their neighbors, and Farley's treats them with great respect)
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to collaborate with and support your coworkers
- Flexible availability
Salary is based on experience