Good Karma Cafe is a positive-energy, socially responsible, neighborhood espresso cafe based in the Fitler Square, Society Hill, lower Broad St., and Schuylkill Banks areas of Philadelphia. The Good Karma Cafe intends to serve as a community-oriented, common ground meeting place where all members of the neighborhood feel comfortable coming in to enjoy the products and services offered, along with each other's company, in a fun and friendly atmosphere. They are proud to be in a select few of 100% Organic, Fair Trade Cafes in Philadelphia.
The cafe manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of a Good Karma store. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent, fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Good Karma Experience for both our customers and team members.
The cafe manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
- 2 years retail management experience required
- ServSafe Certification
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed
Salary is $12+/Hour, Profit Sharing