Gotan is a cafe that strives to truly embrace the idea of what a cafe in New York City should be: an establishment that merges an exceptional coffee program with an incredible dining experience, where you go as much for the coffee as you do the food.
Gotan is looking for experienced baristas to fill full-time positions for their Tribeca, Midtown, Williamsburg and NEW Chelsea locations! Experience in specialty coffee is mandatory! Gotan works with Counter Culture and they constantly rotate through their coffee lineup to keep things interesting. Baristas are expected to dial-in espresso, batch, and manual brew options every day.
Gotan offers compensation that is competitive and based on experience. (A Food Handler’s Certificate gets you bonus points, too!) Also included are shift meals and all the coffee you can drink!
Oh and "Yes!" – Gotan Baristas DO wear an apron and a bow tie – and they are proud of it!
- 3+ years of experience as a Professional Barista
- Latte art skills required
- First and foremost, you need to love coffee and know how to taste it!
- Know coffee art, know the differences between coffees, roasters etc.
- A strong desire to continue learning about coffee (and the larger coffee community) always growing their palate and sharpening their skills as a barista
- Experience in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment without sacrificing great service
- You’re at your best (and having fun!) when the pressure is on.
Salary is $13-$16/Hour plus tips