For more than 25 years, Groundwork has been a homegrown coffee and tea destination, handcrafting delicious drinks from the finest ingredients. At Groundwork, they're dedicated to providing the highest quality organic coffee and tea from around the world and to outstanding customer service. They believe in sustainably sourced coffee and tea, are committed to green operational practices, and place a high value on strengthening our ties to the communities in which our stores exist.
Groundwork Coffee is looking for a barista who is knowledgeable in coffee, tea, and drink preparation. The job of the Barista involves efficient, fast, and quality service while providing products that meet their brand expectations. The Barista will accomplish this goal by offering support to co-workers and management staff as well as adhering to procedures that ensure excellence is achieved and maintained.
Groundwork Coffee strives to provide a safe, effective, and inspiring training and working environment that will support team members in their journey to develop their skills. The ideal candidate should exhibit intelligence, focus, passion, dedication, and a commitment to their craft. The ability to relate to others skillfully and with authenticity, kindness and warmth, are also crucial attributes they look for in their team members.
- 1+ years barista experience
- Valid ServSafe certification or equivalent Food Handlers card
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills
- Willingness to strive for growth and improvement
- Commitment to excel in all tasks and responsibilities
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, management, and shift leaders
- Perform math computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply)
- Ability to work and think independently; make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Salary based on experience