Hewn Bakery is an artisan bakery in Evanston, Illinois that has been recognized in the New York Times, Chicago Magazine, the Chicago Tribune and many other local and national publications. They focuse on hand hewn, naturally fermented breads and pastries. In addition to their delicious breads, they also serve sandwiches, sweets and espresso. Hewn currently provides wholesale bread and pastries to over 40 different restaurants, coffee shops and small markets in the near northern suburbs and Chicago.
Hewn is looking for new team members to assist with their wholesale program! Responsibilities include packing baked goods, loading delivery vans and delivering orders to the bakery's wholesale customers in Evanston, Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Must be a dependable person who is an early riser - and who is very organized.
Barista work can be included in your responsibilities, pending experience!
- 1 year of experience
- ServeSafe certification
- Clean driving record
- Ability and willingness to drive a small delivery van
- Abilty to multitask and stay organized
- Basic computer skills (must print out invoices and interpret production orders)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A positive and energetic attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Schedule: Ability to work early morning hours (beginning at 4 am) and at least one weekend day per week
Salary based on experience