Local Coffee is a new coffee shop thriving Northwest County of Montclair, New Jersey! Five stars on Yelp, Facebook and Google demonstrate the quality of the environment, service and product. Additionally, Local has just been recognized by NJ Monthly as Best Coffee/ Tea shop in New Jersey.
The founder is a New York City native living in Montclair who identified and met the need for a specialty coffee shop in the area. He tapped his extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry as well as coffee culture to develop this space. Irving Farm Coffee is exclusively pulled on a classic/manual La Marzocco Linea. Traditional coffee and espresso beverages including latte, cappuccino and cortado are served alongside single origin pour overs. Additionally, highly curated treats including premium chocolate, French and gluten free pastry are served fresh from favorite spots in NJ, NYC, Brooklyn and Upstate New York.
As a shop focused on true coffee culture - Local is seeking individuals that are equally passionate for the coffee community!
Coffee knowledge and best-in-class techniques as well as client service is paramount for this role. As a member of the team, they are invested in your coffee industry success. That said, Local works with their staff to develop communication, management and service industry skills. They also extend Irving Farm coffee education classes free of charge at the Irving Farm Lab in NYC once you have completed 3 months of service. Hourly rate is strong and competitive. The shop is in a prime location just steps away from NYC Bus Lines and NJ Transit Trains.
- Interact with customers to deliver a best-in-class service experience
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques such as, espresso, pour over, latte, and cappuccino
- Maintain shop through opening and closing procedures
- 1+ years barista experience on a 100% manual machine (not automatic)
- Latte art skills required (dairy and non-dairy drinks)
- Strong passion for coffee
- Great customer service skills
- Punctual and responsible
- Able to maintain a tidy workspace and clean equipment
- Able to multi-task while maintaining quality standards
Salary is based on experience