Lore's Chocolate is a family owned and operated gourmet chocolate manufacturer & retailer located 1 block west of the Liberty Bell. With almost 100 years of combined chocolate manufacturing experience, the Walter Family knows a thing or two about making chocolate. Prior to Lore’s Chocolates, Tony Sr. made his mark in the industry with several well respected brands in Philadelphia and the southern US. His work with Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews led the family to the eventual purchase of the original Goldenberg Peanut Chews factory – it’s where Lore’s Chocolates are manufactured to this day. You might say it’s a factory with good chocolate karma. Lore's Chocolate is a Philadelphia Tradition for over 50 years!
Lore's Chocolates is looking for a bright and motivated individual that loves chocolate to join their store team! This is a great opportunity for an experienced retail store manager who has proven customer service skills (provided by job references) and experience with Point of Sale systems! The candidate should be someone who enjoys the sale process and is organized, creative, and hard-working. They should be able to rock this position as a team leader that is willing to work hand-in-hand with the owners and take ownership of tasks. Chocolate industry knowledge a plus!
This role consists of processing and managing fulfillment of internet and customer phone orders, and ship or order courier as needed. The candidate will be expected to provide an engaging and successful retail experience for customers by managing the visual appearance of the store and ensuring the store is always open during scheduled hours of operation. This role also requires taking responsibility for managing and completing the store schedule two weeks in advance and posting for the Sales Team.
- 5+ years of retail experience
- Able to utilize and troubleshoot the POS computer system
- Become familiar with products and services that are provided in the store
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Able to provide excellent customer service and enjoy interacting with customers
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Have a positive attitude
- Take pride in being part of a small and enthusiastic sales team
- Take pride in personal appearance and maintain a professional yet amicable demeanor
- Able to bend and lift up to 30 lbs
- Capable of standing and using stairs for up to 8 hours during work shift
- Serve-Safe certification a plus but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Must pass a background check
Salary based on experience