Inspired by the rustic cuisine of Rome’s distinct neighborhoods, Maialino is a trattoria reimagined for present day New York City, overlooking Gramercy Park. Chef Jason Pfeifer’s thoughtful Italian cuisine blends his passion for the Roman food tradition with a commitment to our local family of farmers and purveyors.
Maialino is looking for a full time barista. This person should not only demonstrate knowledge of proper coffee and tea offerings and preparations, but also participate as an active member of the Support team. This includes: Running, Cucina Runner, Trattoria/Bar Backserver and Polishing. This person should also be able to engage with customers and provide them excellent customer service.
- Must efficiently organize orders, manage cash and credit card transactions
- Must maintain the highest level of quality of coffee and presentation in all hot and cold beverages
- Must demonstrate speed, accuracy and consistency with coffee beverages
- Must be conscious of environmental impact and works actively to minimize waste
- Must demonstrates understanding of enlightened salesmanship and seeks opportunities to inform guests about additional barista station offerings
- Must stay up-to-date on coffee and tea menu changes
- Must command knowledge of all pastry and to-go items
- Must act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service
- Must reliably complete all assigned sidework and set up the barista station for success
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
Salary is based on experience