MatchaBar is on a mission to bring matcha to the people - whether by the cup at their cafes, by the bottle online, or at your local market and grocery. They seek to cultivate a passionate community, built upon the MatchaBar tag: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO HUSTLE.
MatchaBar is looking to add a skilled baristas to it's SoHo and Chelsea teams!
The MatchaBar SoHo store is a rad collaboration with Dig Inn on the corner of Prince & Crosby. They serve matcha, espresso, and pastries primarily through the walk-up window. Because this is in a busy walking neighborhood and attached to a popular grab-and-go lunch spot, they have a steady flow of mid- to high-volume traffic, particularly during the warmer months. The SoHo counter is a cozy station for 1 or 2 rockstar baristas with the ability to multi-task and find synergy with workflows.
The MatchaBar Chelsea shop is a fixture of the neighborhood, bringing together matcha-lovers from all over the city. Their staff is on a first name basis with most of their very regular customers, who flow through steadily in the mornings and evenings—many members of the MatchaFam hang out through the afternoon! This MatchaBar location also prepares a curated selection of tasty, healthy breakfast and lunch items at this cafe, so basic food prep is a prime component of side work here.
Both MatchaBar shops are in need of fast-paced, engaging, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to fulfill 3-5 shifts per week, opening, closing, and mid.
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to guests and fellow teammates.
- Work in a small team to perfect the execution of expertly prepared MatchaBar drinks in both Espresso and Matcha Categories.
- Learn all stations and be open to fulfilling different roles as needed.
- Stay knowledgeable about MatchaBar's current matcha and food offerings through tastings and information provided to you by your Cafe Manager and/or MatchaBar's owners who are actively involved in the day-to-day.
- Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully. These tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, clearing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning, stocking, restocking, wiping down tables, prepping signature drink ingredients, organizing milk bar, and taking out trash.
- 6+ months of high-volume café experience, either with espresso or matcha
- Have a Food Handlers License in NY State, or commit to starting the process within your first month of employment (MatchaBar will cover the cost of obtaining your license)
- Passionate about customer service and creating meaningful connections with the community
- Passionate about creating a meaningful and memorable in-store experience for MatchaBar customers that visit from around the globe (especially the incredible community that visits from Japan)
- Professional about your work without pretentiousness. MatchaBar serves a wide range of customers and all are treated with the same respect and courtesy
- 18+ years of age
- Schedule: Fully available at least 4 set days per week; Available for weekend shifts
Salary based on experience