Milk & Pull is an artisanal coffee shop serving Stumptown coffee, bagels, pastries and sandwiches. They take great pride in every espresso shot they pull and every cup of coffee they pour. Milk & Pull offers a variety of fresh baked goods, both sweet and savory, and a selection of breakfast and lunch items to enjoy with coffee or espresso. Join their Ridgewood location now as Cafe Manager!
Milk & Pull managers are responsible for leading their team to be self-sufficient, working collaboratively and communicating effectively to ensure the smooth operation of the coffee shop and maintaining the highest quality of service to patrons. At Milk & Pull, the right candidate will be a part of a fast paced and vibrant service team where attention to detail is essential. The café is looking for positive individuals who prioritize quality human interactions and who are motivated by self-development and continuous improvement.
A Milk & Pull manager works with general manager in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining all staff. The manager is responsible for communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures. He/she maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
The manager enforces and maintains safe and healthy facility environment by establishing and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations to ensure "A" rating. They must ensure register and safe are always balanced, including keeping safe with proper change. This person must oversee, maintain and enforce cleaning checklists including the bathroom as well as ensure café is properly stocked, temperatures are kept, and shop is always clean. The manager is also responsible for covering or finding coverage for unattended shifts.
- 1-2 years of coffee shop and café management experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Latte Art skills required
- Passion for coffee with a can-do daily attitude
- Meticulous, clean and organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company values
- Ability to learn quickly, train others and create highly productive systems
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Ability to anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues
- DOH certification is a plus!
Salary based on experience