Based now in Brooklyn, Justine and her husband, Andy, started Nunu Chocolates with the belief that the world is a better place when chocolate is involved.
Production happens right at the shop, where customers can have a Frozen Hot Chocolate, latte, or glass of wine and watch as chocolates are being made. Nunu Chocolates uses a single origin Cocoa bean derived from a Trintario and Criollo hybrid which they get from a sustainable and family run farm in eastern Colombia. They seek out the finest ingredients for their truffles and caramels, making Nunu Chocolates a totally natural and individually handmade treat.
Nunu Chocolates is a dynamic Chocolate Cafe and Tap Room with locations in Boerum Hill, Park Slope and coming soon World Trade Center. They are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the right vibe to join their front of house team! Besides barista experience, applicants should also have knowledge of craft beer, wine, and alcohol service. It also helps to have a love of food and particularly chocolate, but don't eat it all!
- 1+ years barista experience
- Latte art abilities a plus and an eventual must
- NYC Food Handler's Permit required or obtained within 1 month of hiring
- Ability to maintain high level of quality and service in chocolate handling/packaging/shipping duties even during extremely high volume seasons such that each piece/box embodies the integrity of the entire company
- Positive attitude, highly disciplined work ethic, and exceptional attention to detail for each and every task
- Professional approach to the work environment including general cleanliness of the physical space as well as respectful interaction with both customers and co-workers
Salary based on experience