Orwashers is a New York City institution. Founded in 1916, the bakery began as a small storefront on the Upper East Side. Orwashers was born out of a desire to serve the local community while focusing on high quality rye, black and grain breads reflecting Eastern European tradition. Keith Cohen purchased Orwashers in 2008. Keith and his team have worked hard to respect the brand’s rich history while incorporating a distinctly current point of view to satisfy today’s palates.
Orwashers is seeking applicants who are outgoing, enthusiastic and flexible. They have a team-oriented work environment at their busy Manhattan retail locations and need individuals who are motivated to exceed sales goals and to educate customers about their high-quality products. They are looking to invest in training the right person who wants to grow into a management position with them! This candidate should also be prepared to help with cashier and food prep. Love bread, local foods and have a strong sense of community? Even better!
- Must have 1 year of barista experience
- Strong coffee knowledge (latte art preferred but not required)
- Punctual and dependable
- Friendly, personable and have outstanding customer service skills (be comfortable talking to customers about what makes Orwashers' single-origin coffee better than the regular cup-o-joe)
- Financially accountable
- Willingness to multitask and get the job done
- Must be available to work weekends
- Schedule: 6am to 2pm shifts and/or 1:30pm to 9pm shifts, 3-5 days a week
*Preference given to applicants with flexible schedules
Salary based on experience