East Village, Manhattan
Rose and Basil is a whimsical Wine & Dessert bar in the East Village. This shop has many flower inspired products and is well known for its floral decor. They've also got a great coffee bar and excellent customer service.
Rose and Basil is looking for someone part-time who can fill four shifts a week at the start. The shifts will be Wednesday and Friday from 5 pm to midnight as well as Saturday from 9:30 am to 5 pm and Sunday from 2 pm to 10 pm. This isn't your typical barista job. They have speciality coffee drinks, a more robust food menu than most coffee shops and during brunch hours, this is essentially a full-blown restaurant. The ideal candidate exhibits outstanding customer service, follows specific directions exactly, is mature, punctual, and takes great care in attention to detail.
- Must have at least 2+years of experience in the food industry and 1+ years working as a barista (dialing in espresso, latte art, various methods of brewing)
- Must have NYC Food Safety Handlers Certificate
- Must be comfortable working both alone and with others in high volume/fast paced situations
- Must have good salesmanship skills
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must have an eye for cleanliness and organization
Salary is based on experience