Standard Market is a celebration of food. Their mission is to make or discover the best tasting products to share with people who love to eat and drink. Under the Standard Market umbrella are currently two specialty food markets that have decided to expand their coffee programs.
Standard Market is hiring baristas for its top-notch coffee shop in Naperville. You will benefit from experiencing opportunities for advancement, challenging work, supportive environment, on the job paid training, and a career focused organization. Desirable applicants possess a professional demeanor, superior communication skills, personal integrity, a can-do attitude, and a genuine desire to learn about and produce world class coffee and tea.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Standard Market. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Delivers superior customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Intimately familiar with the coffee roasters Standard Market carries (currently: Counter Culture, Intelligentsia, Stumptown, Metric, many other local and national roasters)
- Familiar with semi-automatic espresso machines (we feature a La Marzocco Linea and Mazzer grinders) and multiple manual brew methods (e.g., pourover/Hario V60, Chemex, Aeropress, etc.)
- Able to discuss coffee knowledgeably and respectfully with both enthusiasts and total novices
- Experience with Latte art a plus
Salary is based on experience