Sumner Cafe is an artsy coffeehouse and wine bar serving Counter Culture espresso and single origin coffees plus teas, all-day brunch, and Balthazar pastries. With a variety of menu offerings, Sumner Cafe attracts customers for the quality of food served as well as for their great coffee, ambiance, and location!
Sumner Cafe is an established Aussie coffee shop in Bed Stuy and is looking for a friendly barista! They're currently working with a top NYC roaster who will teach you coffee-making skills such as pouring a PERFECT shot and practice milk steaming for your latte art. Therefore applicants need to be very serious about joining their team as there will be a LOT of room for growth.
They're located in the heart of Bed Stuy; so for applicants that are pursuing a career in the arts, this will be a great opportunity to network! Attire is casual but trendy. Music is a huge part of the ambiance when customers walk in the shop so a great taste in music is a must! Their tips are above average, so Sumner Cafe is adamant that baristas maintain a great relationship with clientele as it benefits barista wages.
- 2+ years barista/coffee industry experience
- Latte Art skills required
- Approachable and social
- Able to provide out of this world customer service!
- Able to provide a great guest experience - basically make every customer that walks in the door feel welcome so they leave oh so warm inside!
- Preferably have a Food Handlers License
Salary based on experience