What is Tertulia you ask? It's a Spanish word that means a gathering of confidants, who share poetic musings, discuss current affairs, share art and songs while enjoying savory treats. Tertulia Coffee is a coffee shop located in the Uptown District of Oakland, CA. Owners husband + wife duo Tim and Maria Sanchez are Oakland/Bay Area natives. Having roots from Puerto Rico, Mexico and El Salvador lead them to fulfill one of their passions of mixing their love for coffee with art.
Tertulia Coffee is looking for a new part time barista to join the team! This person should continually provide the best customer service possible as well as have experience in the coffee industry. They should be able to create delicious espresso drinks and outstanding latte art. This is a family-owned business supported by the community so the applicant needs to be a team player.
- Must love people, and be willing to engage in conversation with customers
- Must be detail oriented and can multi-task under a high-pressure environment
- Must be willing to put in the practice time in order to perfect your craft
- Existing CA Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire
- Must have an appreciation for art, which will be an important part of the Tertulia and Sanchez Contemporary experience
- Must be willing to comply with a flexible work schedule
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Salary is based on experience