At The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, a luxury hotel set atop Water Tower Place in the historic Gold Coast, guests will have every chance to explore the city, from shopping along Michigan Avenue to viewing famous works at the Art Institute. Yet with the hotel’s spa, rooftop lounge, locally inspired restaurant, indoor lap pool and spacious accommodations overlooking the city, guests may not want to leave the premises.
Recognized as “the gold standard” of hospitality, The Ritz-Carlton selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. And as one of their Ladies and Gentlemen, you will reflect the values that make them the world’s finest luxury brand. Here, in a diverse environment where individual aspirations are fulfilled and quality of life is enhanced, you will be inspired to work alongside your fellow employees to bring special moments to life for our guests and each other.
The Barista and Cafe Attendant is responsible for honoring each and every customer by providing excellent customer service and a high quality product. The ideal candidate is a true professional that displays a positive attitude at all times to ensure the satisfaction of their guests. They must provide customers with the upmost quality of service by welcoming and connecting with every customer, appropriately suggesting products to every customer, and offering customer demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment.
The barista is responsible for preparing specialty drinks (coffees, juices, etc) as well as preparing and/or packages food items to standards while following health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products. To ensure smooth operation at the café, the barista must follow policy and procedures for operational flow at the Café counter, follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products, performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a team member. Barista must present oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication with all customer and partner interactions.
The barista must follow cash handling procedures and cash register policies, follow inventory stocking and recording guidelines and contributing to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits. They are also responsible for self-initiated learning as well as learning and demonstrating all performance standards listed in the company standards and/or steps of service.
- Previous experience in a customer service role strongly preferred
- A quick and active learner with a strong sense of curiosity
- Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues and problems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes
- Ability to think and act independently with confidence
- Energetic and takes initiative- pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks
- Strives to exceed expectations and goals
- Able to engage easily and actively connect with others, warm and welcoming personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be above 21 to serve occasional alcoholic beverages
- Ability to lift product cases weighing up to 70 lbs
Salary based on experience