The Roost Cafe & Bar, located right in the heart of the vibrant and colorful Alphabet City in the East Village of Manhattan. The Roost is a hybrid specialty espresso / coffee shop and craft beer and bourbon bar. Coffee in the morning and bar at night - or as their patrons may say, “The Roost is business in the front and party on the back.”
The Roost stands behind its name and identity as an east village best kept secret casual hideout for both espresso lovers and beer aficionados alike. They offer an array of gourmet single origin coffees, loose leaf teas, sandwiches, baked goods, and soups.
The Roost is hiring experienced baristas that have a talent for making delicious specialty coffee and espresso drinks with great customer service and a minimum of 1.5 years manual espresso machine or specialty coffee experience. The Roost cafe has a very welcoming environment and fun team of talented baristas. They use a La Marzocco Linea Espresso machine and Malhkonig espresso grinders and they take pride in working hard to make the perfect espresso every time. They offer a small assortment of sandwiches and baked goods, so some light food prep is required.
- 1.5+ years of barista experience; working knowledge of manual espresso machines, Fetco coffee brewers & espresso bean grinders & digital scales
- Have or in the process of obtaining NYC Food Handlers license
- Love and passion for quality coffee and espresso drinks, as well as working in a cafe environment
- Have an upbeat and cheerful demeanor
- Able to work fast-paced while staying organized
- Neatly kept and good with customers
- Willing to work as part of a small team as well as independently
- Latte Art skills are a bonus
- Schedule: Full- or Part-time with a minimum of 3 shifts per week either AM and PM shifts.
Shifts are usually 6 hours long each daily: 7am - 1pm / 1pm - 7pm / 7pm - 1am
Salary based on experience