The Village Hub is a interfaith, nonprofit, creative extension of the village church, loving and serving the community specialty coffee and spirituality in the foothills of Woodside. Offering classes in spiritual studies, yoga, dance, meditation, fundraisers, and more.
The Village Hub is currently searching for part-time baristas to join their team! Baristas are responsible for maintaining a tidy work area, opening shop, closing shop. Candidates should have knowledge about specialty coffee, the ability to read and react to customer needs, a vibrant personality, flexibility, great time management. Educating customers on event and class options, having great communication, and providing exceptional customer service are also a must.
This role requires that the applicant can make high quality espresso drinks in a timely manner. Training is available and will be given regardless of skill set.
- 1+ years barista experience; experience in coffee settings
- Latte Art skills required
- Must have ServeSafe certification
- High integrity with a desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail and punctual
- Effective communication/team player
- Must be positive, approachable, caring and dependable
- Ability to work independently
- Fun yet professional personality!
- Weekend availability
Shifts available are on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7:30-12:30 (you get to skip traffic both ways!) Must be available some weekends to work events. These are 5 hour shifts with a required, paid, 10 minute break.
Salary is $15/Hour + Success Sharing