Yali’s Café is a popular independently-owned and operated café located next to UC Berkeley and between downtown Berkeley BART and the Gourmet Ghetto. Locals, visitors, and members of the university community have come to Yali’s regularly to enjoy delicious coffee and fare since 1999. They serve custom roasted, expertly prepared coffee and espresso, as well as homemade granola, desserts, panini, soups, and salads. They also source the highest quality ingredients from local vendors and farmers. Yali’s was among the first businesses in the Bay Area to use 100% biodegradable packaging and operate as a green business.
Yali's Cafe is hiring baristas for both of their fast-paced and vibrant locations by the Berkeley campus. They are looking for a team player that enjoys working in a cafe setting and interacting with customers. Yali's focus is on serving high-quality coffee in a fast and efficient manner with excellent customer service, so applicants should be able to remain calm and professional even during busy hours. They are also expected to maintain a clean working area per safety and hygiene standards.
In addition to drink preparation, this role may include - depending on shift - store opening and closing responsibilities. Opportunities for more responsibilities are available for the right person.
- 1+ years of barista experience
- Prepare all Yali's drink menu items according to recipe and quality standards
- A quick learner with an ability to work fast and efficiently
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task
- Can work efficiently and positively in a group environment
- High attention to detail
- Punctual, reliable, friendly, hard-working, proficient in English
- Able to take and give direction effectively
Salary is competitive compensation + tips