Yelp Inc is seeking full-time baristas with stellar personalities to be a part of a fun, fast-paced café located in Yelp’s high-energy office downtown. Their café is espresso service only, and takes the “Customer” out of customer-service as all guests will be co-workers and as such, regulars, and barista handiwork is served sans payment. Barista will be working in a small team, serving complimentary cups of delicious coffees, 7:30am-4pm Monday-Friday to their wonderful employees.
The cafe features a rotating menu of San Francisco's finest local roasters, with whom baristas will be training with quarterly (making this the IDEAL position for someone who LOVES all things espresso, and wants to further their education in coffee, as Yelp Inc can absolutely train the right person.)
Barista must greet and interact with all employees providing everyone with an excellent experience, prepare coffees with acute attention to standards of quality, maintain coffee knowledge on current roasters and confidently and accurately communicate product information.
- 1+ years of barista experience
- CA Food Handlers' Card
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency
- Demonstrate a passion for coffee or customer service
- Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to cooperate successfully as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services. Uses communication that is clear, honest, and complete
Salary based on experience