Adventure Cafe (Lower East Side, Manhattan)
Adventure Cafe is a travel inspired & membership based coffee shop that services the Lower East Side and The Yard co-working space. Besides having the best customer service and amazing coffee, we are also the face of Sourced Adventures, a New York-based adventure-travel company that connects locals with organized adventure designed to make outdoor recreation easy and more accessible from the city.
Our goal is to create a community of like-minded people who are passionate about coffee and travel. We strive to provide our members with the best experience possible, whether it's grabbing a signature latte from our cafe, or coming on one of our world-class trips.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a strong service industry and customer service background who is passionate about adventure travel to join our team.
Adventure Cafe is a membership based coffee shop. The Adventure Cafe team is responsible for running the cafe, serving delicious coffee and treats to our existing and potential customers, while marketing and selling our membership to anyone who walks through the door. You'll be working at the cafe as a barista and speaking directly with customers.
This position requires service industry experience, sales experience, the ability to hold a conversation with anyone, and some physical hands-on work (receiving orders, moving boxes, cleaning the cafe, etc.).
The purpose of Adventure Cafe is to spread the good word about our trips while acting as the face of Sourced Adventures to the outside world and of course, serving delicious coffee, espresso, bagels, and treats.
- Experience working directly in a service industry, customer service role and/or in the travel/outdoor industry (0-2 years)
- Sales experience; you need to feel comfortable talking to people and selling our coffee membership
- Strong service industry and/or customer service experience; ability to speak to anyone
- Dynamic and engaging personality; loves working with and talking to people
- Passion for adventure and outdoor recreation
- Tourism or tour guiding experience
- Familiar with membership-based business model
- Coffee shop or service industry experience
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Competitive compensation
- An exciting and dynamic work environment with like-minded adventure enthusiasts
- The opportunity to go skiing, snowboarding, or rafting almost anytime you want on your days off
We're changing the way people think about local travel, and we're looking for great people to join us!